If your phone is not updating using an inbuilt system updater and you want to update your android to the latest version. If you are not able to update your android phone then you have come to the right place here we are sharing a detailed guide on How to apply updates from ADB sideload using Windows and MAC.
Many android phones are not able to update to the latest version because the updater is stopping the update or for any other reason. Android phones need to be updated because the latest updates have the latest security patches and other system improvements. Google recommends that must update your phone when the update is available.
So let’s start with the update process. Here is a Guide on Apply Update from ADB. First, start with the introduction.
What is ADB?
The ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge. It is used to install updates on any Android device using a PC. This tool is very helpful to communicate with your device.
You can pull Call Logs, Files, Device info, Memory usage, Battery Information, and much more using some commands. We are installing updates to your Android phone using ADB.
Applying an Update is just got easier for Developers and Normal users because of ADB Sideload Method. Using just a few commands you can push an update zip file to your android using recovery when you are facing a problem while updating your phone using the system android updater.
Advantage of ADB
- You can use it using any command line like CMD, Mac os, or Linux Command-Line.
- You can push or pull files from your android without using the Interface of the Device.
- With ADB, You still push updates to your android device when the internal android updater not working.
- Also, You can pull Call logs, System information, Memory Usage, and Information on Installed apps. You can install Third-Party Android apps that are not available on Google Play Store.
How to enable USB Debugging on Android?
USB Debugging is an important factor while installing updates using ADB Sideload Method in order to communicate with your device. Just follow the below steps to enable USB debugging of your Android device.
- Launch the Setting app on your Android Device.
- Go to the About Phone section in the setting at either top or the bottom of the setting.
- Tap 7 times on Build Number to get a message that tells you You are now in Developer Mode! (In some cases you are asked for a password If you have enabled the screen lock password.)
- Now Go back to Setting Home then go to System then search for the USB Debugging option then simply enable it.
How to Install ADB Drivers on Windows?
- First of all Download the ADB Drivers Zip file from the below Download Button.
- Copy the Downloaded Drivers Zip file to the specific folder.
- Then Extract the Zip file using Winrar or 7Zip.
- Start the installation process by double-tapping on the Executable file.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Automatically Setup detects your device whenever the drivers are installed or not on your PC.
- Now click on the Install button and wait for the installation process.
- Now use ABD using any command line. Open any terminal and Type “ADB devices“.
- A Pop-Up is shown on your Android Device simply click on OK.
- Your device will be shown in the list.
We have successfully installed ADB drivers on your Windows PC, Then let’s move to the next step.
If you want All ADB Commands then you will get a list of all commands here.
How to Install ADB Drivers on MAC OS?
- Download the ADB driver’s zip file from here.
- Then simply extract the zip file and remember extracted file location of the drivers.
- Then go to Desktop and Right-Click on it and open Command Window here.
- Type the following commands in the command line.
Now connect your device using a USB cable to your MAC and type the following command.
- Pop up will appear on your device tap on ok.
- Again type ADB devices and you can see the device listed in the terminal window. (with some random number)
How to Apply Update from ADB Sideload
We have reached the last step of the Guide on How to Apply Update from ADB Sideload using Windows and Mac. Now follow the below steps to install updates on your android device using ADB sideload Methos.
- First of all download the latest update zip file of your device from the XDA Forum of your device or your Device Company Official Website.
- After Downloading Rename that file to update.zip.
- Now connect your Android Device to the PC or Laptop using a supported USB cable.
- Remember the path of the update.zip file.
- For Windows, press Shift + Right-click on blank space and click on Open Windows Terminal Here or Open in Windows Terminal, Now you are able to see the command line or CMD.
- For Mac Right-click on Desktop and click on Open Terminal.
- Now, You need to type ADB reboot recovery to go into recovery mode.
- Your phone should be rebooted in the recovery mode from there select “Apply Update from ADB”.
- After that type ADB Sideload update.zip in CMD or Terminal Window.
- Now, wait for the installation process. In the installation Process, your device may be restarted several times don’t get panic.
- After installation Hold the power button to restart your device.
ADB Sideload is the best method to update any android phone. This method is mainly used when your device is stuck at the logo or not able to update using Android Update. Also, many users have reported that they are able to download the update but not able to update their android phones. If you have any questions or doubts related to this article then simply comment below. Also, if you are planning to install custom ROM but do not know then simply ask in our telegram group.