If you're looking to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV without Chromecast or an attached Chromecast, then there are a few ways you can do it and that is all this post is about.
Oculus is a virtual reality headset produced by Meta, Facebook's mother company, that gives you an amazing feeling when you are playing games or watching movies. This feeling is limited to only one person but you can also cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your Smart TV or mobile phone using with and without Chromecast for others to have a feeling of your game or movie.
Roku TV is one of the best smart TV available and if you are using one and want to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to it, then read on.
In this post, we will look at how you can cast your Oculus to Roku TV with and without the use of Chromecast.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV Without using Chromecast
There are many ways to cast your Oculus to Roku TV without the use of Chromecast, most of these methods are free but will require an extra method or medium.
We will look at how you can effectively cast your Oculus to your Roku TV through your smartphone or laptop computer.
Method 1: By Using Smartphone
This method is used to screen mirror your smartphone to your Roku TV while casting your Oculus to your smartphone.
Make sure you connect all devices to the same WiFi connection
- Turn on your devices and make sure your devices; the Oculus, your smartphone, and Roku TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download the Oculus Mobile app on your smartphone.
- After the app has been installed successfully log in to your Oculus account and connect your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset.
- On your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, go to Sharing ▷ Cast ▷ Select Oculus App (However, if you can see your Roku TV available, you can directly cast to it.)
- Now back to your Smartphone, open the oculus app, then tap on the Oculus cast icon located at the top right corner of the app.
- The next step is to screen mirror your smartphone to your Roku TV to display your phone screen on your TV.
Note that, this feature may be slow and laggy at times since the transmission channels are many.
Method 2: By Using a laptop
This is almost the same as the above. Let us look at how you can cast your Oculus Quest 2 on your computer, then screen mirror to your Roku TV.
Again, make sure you have connected all devices to the same WiFi connection most especially your computer and your Roku TV.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2.
- From your Oculus Quest 2, go to Sharing >> Cast >> Then select Computer.
- Now on your computer, go to https://oculus.com/casting and sign in to your Oculus account. This will cast your Oculus on your computer.
- Now you can screen mirror your computer to your Roku TV or use an HDMI to connect your computer to your TV.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV using Chromecast
This is a very easy and efficient method to cast your Oculus Quest 2 on your Roku TV. However, it will cost you a Chromecast which is around $39.99.
Make sure you have all your devices connected to one WiFi network.
- Turn on all your devices; The Oculus VR headset, Chromecast, and the Roku TV.
- Connect all devices to the same WiFi connection.
- On your Oculus Quest 2, go to Sharing >> Cast >> choose Chromecast.
- This will cast your Oculus to your Chromecast.
- Now connect your Chromecast to your TV.
These are some of the ways you can cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your Roku TV without using Chromecast and also using Chromecast.
But note that, the quality of the video may reduce and there may be some breakages in the streaming if your connection is not strong when connecting without Chromecast.
Our preferred method is using Chromecast, so if you have one or can afford one you can get one for the best performance and quality.