If you are looking for how to delete Wealthsimple account or you want to deactivate your account, then this post contains all steps and information you need to know to delete your account successfully.
Before moving to the steps, let us look at what Wealthsimple is and do. Wealthsimple is an investment platform that invests your money in a globally diversified portfolio low-cost index fund. With their platform, they help you earn the best returns possible.
If your main reason for deleting your wealthsimple account is their email messages, then this shouldn’t be a problem. You can either mark their email as spam or opt out from their mail list by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the button of any of their newsletters, in this case, they will remove your email from their mail list and won’t send you any new newsletter.
On the other hand, If you want to delete your wealthsimple account because you are not using it again, are not comfortable with their services, or have gotten an alternative that works better. Then read the following steps to delete your wealthsimple account.
How to Delete Wealthsimple Account
Follow the steps below to delete your Wealthsimple account, whether you are using an app or you are on their web platform.
Before you delete your wealthsimple account, you need to withdraw all funds from your wealthsimple account, cancel all auto-deposits, pending deposits, and outstanding orders and finally turn off Riundups/Overflow.
How to Delete Wealthsimple Account on App
- Make sure you have logged in to your wealthsimple account using the mobile app.
- On the Wealthsimple app, tap on Settings at the bottom of your Screen.
- From the Setting menus, choose Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Delete profile.
- Confirm your action by tapping on I’m ready to delete.
How to Delete Wealthsimple account on Web
- Go to my.wealthsimple.com on your web browser.
- Sign in to your Managed Investment & Save profile.
- Click on your name located at the top right side of the page.
- Click on Settings.
- Scrool to the bottom and click on Deactivate profile.
- Confirm that you want to delete your account by clicking on Deactivate my profile.
Note that, after you have deleted or deactivated your account, your personal information will be kept by wealthsimple for 7 years before they wipe is completely from their database. This is for legal reason.
With this post, we hope you have known how to delete wealthsimple account either from their mobile app or web version. You have also known things you need to do before deleting or deactivation gour account.
You can also read How to Delete Menulog Account in Australia
Thank you for reading up to this section, if you have any question, or suggestion, you can do so by using the comment section. You can also share to others who may find this post useful.