Voicemail is a voice message that a caller leaves when the person they are trying to call is absent or is busy with another conversation. You can think of voicemail as some kind of email but instead of keeping text messages sent from your contacts, they keep voice messages which could be exactly what you need when you are a very busy person.
But sometimes it can be a real pain if you get a lot of messages and they keep on piling up in your inbox because you will then have to make time as you try to go through each one of them. So if you find that you really don’t have the time of day to deal with such messages and feel you do not really need a service like that, you can opt-out of your Optus voicemail service, and here is how:
Removing your Optus voicemail using the My Optus App
You can remove your Optus voicemail using the My Optus App. If you do not yet have it and you want to set your voicemail in this way, you will need to download it from Google Play Store or the AppStore. You can also get it directly from the Optus Website. Now, to remove your voicemail using the My Optus App follow these steps below:
- Open the My Optus App
- If you’re not already logged in, click the icon in the top left corner and enter your login details.
- On the bottom navigation of the app, click the Service tab.
- Now after the Service tab opens a new page, click on Settings on the top right of the top navigation
- Then you have to scroll till you see Voicemail and call diversions. Click on it to proceed to the next step.
- You can now select which calls you no longer want to receive Voicemails for.
- Select Off (You can set all of them to off if you want to completely remove it.)
Removing your Optus voicemail using Optus Account
You can also remove your voicemail by directly going to Optus’ Website and logging in to you account. After successfully logging in to your Optus Account, follow these steps below:
- Select the service
- Then select the Settings tab
- Select Call Diversion
- Then select Your voicemail is off option and Save
Removing your Optus voicemail via Call
You can also call Optus directly to activate your voicemail by following the steps below:
- Dial 1509 from your mobile (free call)
- Select the Voicemail option
- Choose the Deactivate option
After following the above instructions, your Optus voicemail should now have successfully been removed.
Note: The free Missed Call Service will automatically activate once you have removed your Optus Voicemail. You can turn off Missed Call Service by texting OFF to 159.
If you also want to know how to set up Optus voicemail, please check out our post on that. Thanks.
As always, remember that you can browse through other content below. Also, you can comment below if you have any questions or challenges, you can also suggest another method that works in the comment section below.
Do not forget to share this article with friends and family through WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platform you are on. Also, accept our push notification to get an alert whenever we post variable contents like this.