Taboola news is a feed of articles and videos that is often displayed on websites and mobile apps. It is typically used as a way for publishers to monetize their content by showing sponsored articles and videos to users. While some people find the feed to be a useful source of information, others may find it to be a distraction or even a nuisance.
If you have an Android phone, you may have noticed that Taboola news appears on your device from time to time. It could be displayed as a widget on your home screen, as a notification, or as a sponsored article in your news feed. Whatever the case may be, you may be looking for a way to remove the feed from your phone.
That’s where this guide comes in. Our goal is to provide a step-by-step guide on how to remove Taboola news from your Android phone easily and quickly. Whether you’re tired of seeing sponsored articles or just want a cleaner, more streamlined phone experience, this guide is for you. So let’s get started!
Method 1: Removing Taboola news through the Chrome browser
If you’re seeing Taboola news on a website or in an app that uses the Chrome browser, you may be able to remove the feed by following these steps:
- Open your chrome browser.
- Tap on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings and on the Settings page, move down to Site settings and tap on it.
- Look for Notification and tap on it.
- This page will let you know all websites you have allowed and blocked from sending you notifications. Click on Allowed.
- By clicking on Allowed, you see all websites that are showing you notifications. Remove all of them except for the ones you intentionally added.
This method works very well not only for Taboola but also for other push notifications you have mistakenly subscribed to.
Method 2: Uninstalling bloatwares
If that didn’t work, then there might be a third app installed or that came with your phone that is causing this problem. This usually happens with most Android phones. To remove these apps, you have to know the actual app behind these notifications.
To know the actual app, long press on one of the notifications, and you will see the app name displayed at the bottom of the actual notification.
Then follow the steps below to Uninstall it. If you didn’t see any apps, do not worry, the guide below will help us remove all unnecessary apps.
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Go to Apps
- Look through all the installed apps and uninstall any strange or unfamiliar apps.
- These apps have names like boosters, anti-virus removers, news, etc.
- Tap on the app, then Uninstall it. This may vary depending on the brand you are using.
Method 3: Using AdBlocker
If you have tried any of the methods above but none of them worked, then you need to install an ad blocker on your phone. This could be an app from the PlayStore or ad blocking internet browser.
- Go to Playstore.
- Search for ad blocking, either a stand-alone app or a browser like Brave.
- Before you download, make sure the app has a very good review.
- Install and configure the app on your android phone.
In this post, we explain three ways you can remove taboola news from Android phones. These are by blocking notifications of allowed websites, uninstalling bloatware, and by using an ad blocker.
With these steps, you should be able to easily and quickly remove Taboola news from your Android phone. Say goodbye to pesky distractions and hello to a cleaner, more streamlined phone experience.