For most people, it has become second nature to just watch their phone screens and immediately see how much battery life they have left.
On older iPhones, the battery percentage is displayed on the battery icon by default which made it so easy to see the battery percentage.
However, this is not exactly the case with current releases of iPhones (iPhone 12/11/11 Pro(Max)).
Although you can quickly swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to pull up the menu and just read the battery percentage in the top-right corner, I still think just watching the phone’s Home screen is much easier, right?
That’s why in this article I will show you how to add the battery percentage widget to your home screen.
How to add the battery percentage widget to your iPhone
Instead of always swiping up and down just to see battery life which can get annoying really fast,
you can create a battery widget on the home screen so you can easily and intuitively see your
battery life. To do this follow the guidelines below.
- Touch and hold an empty portion of the Home screen, then press the + icon in the top-left corner of the screen. Scroll down until you find ‘Batteries’ and select that option.
- You can choose between three different battery widgets. All three show the percentage, but the larger widgets will also show you the battery life of other devices connected to your iPhone like AirPods or Apple Watch.
- Choose your favorite battery widget amongst the available ones and tap on the Add Widget button. Rearrange the apps on your Home screen as you see fit. By doing this, the battery percentage summary will always be visible on the Home screen without having to swipe up and down to see the battery life.
- Another way you can add a battery widget to the Home screen is to swipe from left-to-right till you see the “Today View” screen slide in. Once you are there, scroll down and tap on the Edit button and on the top-left corner tap on the + icon.
- This opens up the widgets screen. From there you can either search for “batteries” in the search bar or just scroll down and find it. Now all you need to do is to select “batteries” and choose the specific widget you want and add to the Home screen and that’s it, you can now view your battery directly on the home screen.
I know this article is able to guide you on showing your battery percentage on your iPhone.
If you’re in doubt or confused, you can post your question in the comment box below and we’ll be glad to help you.
Thank you for reading, don’t forget to share with friends.