This article will let you know how to stop Instagram from saving posts to camera roll on your smartphone.
Instagram is a great app. It’s fun, it helps you connect with your friends and family, and it has a ton of cool filters. But there are some things about the app that aren’t so fun. Like the fact that Instagram saves every single post, you’ve ever made to your camera roll.
That can be a real pain if you want to keep some of those old posts hidden from prying eyes—like your ex (or even worse: future employers).
All these images you upload goes to your camera roll. Now let us look at how you can stop it from saving uploaded photos to your phone Gallery.
How to stop Instagram from saving posts to camera roll
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture located at the bottom left corner.
- Then tap on the Hamburger icon (that is the three overlapping horizontal lines icon).
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Preferences.
- Now tap on Original posts.
- On this page, you will see all features will be turned on. These are Save original posts, Save posted photos, and Save posted videos. Turn all of them off.
- Now when you upload or edit a photo on Instagram, it won’t be saved on your camera roll. This will let you save some storage on your phone.
We’re glad you love Instagram, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to use our app. We know there are some features that may be confusing at first, so we’ve written this article to help you understand how they work.
As always, remember that you can browse through other content below. Also, you can comment below if you have any questions or challenges, you can also suggest another method that works in the comment section below.
Do not forget to share this article with friends and family through Telegram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platform you are on. Also, accept our push notification to get an alert whenever we post variable contents like this.