In this article, we will look at how to let recruiters or employers know you are open to working on LinkedIn. LinkedIn has been the number on the job portal and is being used by many recruiters and employers to recruit or employ qualified people using the platform.
Many people have gotten their jobs through LinkedIn. This is because the platform has made it simple for recruiters to filter their search results for the best result for qualified people to occupy a vacant position in a job or a company.
Individuals and jobseekers also can optimize their profiles by showcasing their expertise and experiences. Individuals can indicate whether they are looking for a job or a gig.
What does Open to Work mean on LinkedIn?
The Open To Work (#OpenToWork) feature allows individuals who are looking for job opportunities or jobseekers to place a frame or a tag on their profile picture so that anyone who looks at their profile on LinkedIn will see he or she is open for work. It also shows in the person’s profile if this feature is enabled.
Read Also: How to Mute Someone on Instagram
How to show the Open to Work badge on your Profile Picture on LinkedIn
Follow the steps below to show the open to work tag on your profile image if you are accessing LinkedIn from a desktop or a laptop computer.
- Open the linkedin.com using your web browser and sign in to your account.
- Once you log in to your LinkedIn account, you will be directed to the newsfeed page where you can find the recent posts of your connections, pages, and topics you follow.
- Click on your profile picture (Me) located at the top right corner of the page.
- A drop-down menu will appear once you click on your profile picture. Click on View profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Add profile section button.
- From the drop-down menu that will appear, Click on Intro. This will expand other options.
- Click on the plus icon (+) beside the option Looking for a new job.
- A box will open that asks you to add your job preferences.
- You will be asked to enter your job titles (you can add up to 10 job titles), job locations (you can also select job locations up to 5), job start date (whether Immediately or casually), and job types (you can choose whether you want a full time, part-time, Internship, Temporary or Remote).
- At the Choose who sees you’re open, If you want to show the open to work frame on your profile, you have to choose Share with all LinkedIn members. This will let all people logged in to LinkedIn know that you are open to work and it will put a frame on your profile picture.
- If you want to show only recruiters that you are available to work, then you can choose Share with recruiters only. This will disable the open-to-work tag.
Read Also: Best 5 Document Scanner Apps for Android
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Open to Work on LinkedIn good or bad?
It depends on how badly you need new job opportunities. Others see it to be bad because it makes you look like you are too hungry for a job. But if you are in urgent need of a job, then I recommend you turn it on because a connection who might not be a recruiter can recommend you.
How to remove open to work on LinkedIn app
If you want to remove the open-to-work frame from your profile, you can do so by going through the process above. At step 10, choose Share with recruiters only.